Happy Monday! I am really excited to introduce a new kind of post to the blog today: a favorites list! Do you ever find products, places, or small things in your life that you want to share with others? Well, I do! Today, I am going to share with all of you some of my favorite things in a few different categories. These aren’t things that I think need their own post on the site, but each month I am going to post a round-up post to share great new finds with you all! For this post, I want to share with you all some of the best things I have been using recently in five categories: beauty, fashion, entertainment, places to see, and miscellaneous. I hope these recommendations can help you all find new favorite products for yourselves! Be sure to comment at the end if there is something on the list you really want to try!
Note: All opinions contained in this post are my own. This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
I personally love hearing about other people’s favorite products because I am often indecisive when choosing my beauty products. I read reviews, ask friends, and take the advice of sales associates before choosing products. Hopefully this list of my favorite products can help you find some new favorites yourself! And for more of my favorite products, check out my makeup must haves list!
- My New Revlon Blow dryer: I discovered this hairdryer thanks to a friend of mine and it is LIFECHANGING! I have always struggled to use a brush and blow dryer at the same time and this one eliminated the need because it’s a brush and dryer combined into one thing! It does such a great job too that I rarely have to straighten my hair when I’m done blow drying now! Even better: it is really fast too so I don’t waste as much time on my hair now! I highly recommend this Revlon blow dryer to anyone looking to make drying your hair a little easier!
- Ole Henrikson C-Rush Brightening Gel Creme: I actually received this as a free sample courtesy of Ole Henrikson and Influenster and I have since fallen in love with it. First off, it smells like orange sherbet which is awesome. Second, it keeps my face moisturized all day without being too heavy! It’s the perfect summer moisturizer!
- Living Proof T.B.D. Multi-tasking styler: this has become my go to hair product. I use it before I blow dry my hair to prevent frizz, after I curl my hair to break up the curls a bit and for tons of other things! It’s one of the most versatile hair products I have tried recently and it’s amazing.
Spring and summer are my favorite seasons for fashion. I love floral patterns and bright colors so I’m crushing hard on a bunch of pieces right now. I am currently trying to thin out my wardrobe for when I move at the end of summer, but if I weren’t these are the pieces I would be buying right now:
This Lilly Pulitzer Dress
These perfect TOMS
This amazing Romper from Target(Which I actually ordered already!)
I am sad that some of my favorite shows are entering their summer hiatus, but at least I will have good movies to hold me over! Summer movie season is getting started which means that entertainment is approaching its peak right now! I have loved almost every movie I have seen each in the past month and all the TV season finales have been amazing this season! So without further ado, here are some of my current favorites shows and movies!
- The Resident (FOX): Everyone needs a show with some hot doctors on it in their life! And Matt Czuchry fulfills that in this show. It has some crazy plot lines, but I am excited to see where it goes when season two returns in the fall!
- For the People (ABC): I love me some legal drama on TV! I watched How to Get Away with Murder during its 1st season before it went completely off its rails, but For the People is giving me the legal drama I crave without the crazy plot points! This show is a must-watch for those who love legal shows!
- Rise (NBC): Even though it wasn’t renewed for next season, I really loved watching this show. I loved the focus on a high school drama program, I loved the actors and I really loved the issues that they tackled head on. Definitely worth a watch if you are looking for a good TV drama!
- The Avengers: Infinity War – All the superhero action you want and more of the amazingness that Marvel gave us in Black Panther! No Spoilers, but go see it!
- Overboard – This was actually a really adorable RomCom and I highly recommend seeing it if you are looking to laugh and feel good!
- Deadpool 2- This movie has everything you loved from the first movie, plus some unpredictable points that you won’t see coming! One recommendation though: leave the kids at home! Some couple brought their elementary aged daughter with them and she talked during the whole movie!
Places to Visit
As someone who loves travel, I am always listing after places that I want to visit. I recently crossed off one of my biggest wish list locations when I visited Hawaii, but there are still tons of places I want to see! So here are the places I am currently dying to visit.
I am dying to visit Iceland so I can visit the Blue Lagoon, see the northern lights and see all the other amazing things there!
Croatia is home to beautiful coastal towns and amazing national parks and I can’t wait to visit as soon as possible!
Ever since my sister studied abroad in Singapore back in 2012 I have wanted to visit. Recently, that desire has gotten even stronger as it is the setting of a book series I started recently–the Crazy Rich Asians series by Kevin Kwan. I highly recommend these books as your summer beach reads and then you will understand why I want to visit so badly!
Ever since I read Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, I have wanted to visit Santorini. The island is beautiful and the views of clear blue water are incredible! I am hoping to finally make a trip there happen in the next year or so!
In addition to all my favorite things listed above, here are a few things I have been loving recently that have helped me consistently share my content with you all! If any of you are thinking of creating a blog of your own, or already have one, I hope these tools can help you too!
Making the switch from blogger.com to self-hosted WordPress with SiteGround has changed everything for my blog! I delayed making the change for so long and now I LOVE WordPress! It is great to know that my blog is all mine and that I can customise it any way that I want! I highly recommend SiteGround as a host too because they made the switch so easy and their hosting services are inexpensive and amazing!
As a blogger, Tailwind is a total lifesaver. It helps me keep my Pinterest together even when I’m on vacation and makes everything so much easier. I highly recommend it for any bloggers looking to up their Pinterest game!
I love connecting with others on Facebook where we can brainstorm ideas, ask questions and help each other! Recently, I even started a group specifically for Millennial bloggers to connect so be sure to join if you are looking to connect with fellow bloggers!
I know this isn’t my usual travel related content, but I hope you all enjoyed this post! Be sure to let me know if you want to see more posts like this in the future. Also if you have any questions about anything I mentioned in the post be sure to let me know!
From one Misguided Millennial to the world, this has been my May faves list of favorite products, places and more!